Why a PR Strategy is an Essential Part of Long Term Business Success
Public Relations is a long term investment which can pay dividends when undertaken strategically, however all too often businesses and entrepreneurs overlook its immense power.
Here are a few reasons why a PR strategy is an essential part of long term business success:
- Crisis management: PR can save brands from potential crises which could have an enduring impact on brands' reputations. With a crisis management strategy in place a business can react effectively if a crisis does take place, ensuring that reputation damage is limited and kept to a minimum.
- Lifetime relationships: In a digital era, now more than ever brand loyalty is not as guaranteed as it once was. Consumers and customers are more aware than ever before of alternative service/product providers and so a quality PR strategy is even more important now to at least maintain "lifetime trust". Whilst your customers might opt to try your competitors they will at least always have in mind that they can trust your brand regardless of their reasons from moving to a competitor.
- Internal communications: A quality PR strategy will cover internal communications, ensuring that all internal team members understand the process of brand awareness and strategic goals.
- Media relations: Understanding what the media wants and how to engage with the media is an essential part of a quality strategy. This means that a business can be proactive as well as responsive and reactive as news cycles change. A business should be able to maintain a consistent amount of media coverage, either harnessing trends in the press or using relevant brand updates to gain press attention. With a strategic plan in place, media relations becomes a long term goal rather than a one off activity.
- Understanding the digital space: Social media has become an essential part of public relations. Businesses with strategic thinking should be able to have a consistent social media structure and plan in place. Understanding which social media platforms to use, how to use them and how social media can raise business visibility should not be overlooked as part of a long term PR plan.
Strategy is of course nothing without implementation, businesses must use strategic planning to ensure action and subsequently results within their PR processes.
For more information on how Ariatu PR can help contact us.