10 Tips To Promote Your Luxury Brand
The luxury goods market in the United Kingdom is worth up to £54bn and whilst Brexit may have an impact on the luxury brand market growth in Europe, internationally the UK has always been considered as one of the go-to destinations for shopping tourists as well as lovers of luxury on a global scale. If you are launching a luxury brand here are a few important tips and ideas that you can use in order to thrive in the luxury sector:
- Understand the power of public relations - It is important to have an in house PR rep even if you do not assign an external party to ensure that the brands reputation is being managed and handled effectively at all times. Reputation is everything in the luxury market, ensure that you have a strong PR and communications strategy to maintain the credibility of your luxury brand.
- Organise Press Days and attend events - This can be co-ordinated in house or by an external agency but the luxury brand experience is crucial in engaging the media and influencers. If you want high impact press coverage take the time to organise press days and events which are in alignment with your core luxury brand values. Take part in luxury brand events, showcase your product or service at events which offer high exposure and industry recognition.
- Use social media - In today's digital age, social media platforms like twitter, instagram, facebook and pinterest allows luxury brands to promote themselves effectively and consistently. The aspirational nature of the luxury experience can enhance a brand's online visibility with the use of high quality images and content. Undertake a social media audit to monitor how effectively you are using social media for your luxury brand.
- Use video content - In the same way that social media has an impact video content can bring your brand to life. Use video to showcase the high quality nature of your brand and why people should spend money with your brand. Video also opens up your brand to wider audiences who shop internationally for luxury goods.
- Assign high quality brand ambassadors - This is where every brand must be mindful. A brand ambassador can leverage their influence and following to encourage their audience to favour a luxury brand however the brand must undertake due diligence. Select an ambassador based on more than follower count, look at credibility and engagement.
- Invest in advertising - It is important to look at the strategic benefits of advertising on the right platforms in the right way. There are more options now than ever before and it is definitely worth considering investing in targeted advertising.
- Research your customers - There are plenty of resources available which can help you research your core customer base and market trends. It is crucial that you keep track of what is happening in the luxury goods market and how your customers are spending their money as well as who your ideal customers are.
- Go beyond the product, be a ritual - Word of mouth is still one of the most powerful forms of promotion, if you focus on the customer experience and turning their buying experience into a ritual they will be more likely to share their positive experiences with their network and keep coming back to be part of that experience.
- Develop a Rewards programme - Create a programme which does not simply focus on discounts, give gifts and add value. Make the customer feel like they are special at every step of their buying journey.
- Tell a story with your visual identity - Your brand values, logo and visual identity must all tell a story, your customers must feel like they are part of your journey and that they are buying a part of your story. Make sure your brand tells a story which resonates throughout the buying experience whether online or offline.
Feel free to share and do not hesitate to contact Ariatu PR if you are a luxury brand start up looking for Public Relations support.